My Blog List

Monday, June 27, 2011

Back Porch fixin Up Cont...

Ok, so yesterday after we all got showered I put a pull up on Evie...and it was the last one! So I had to go to the store and decided maybe they would be cheaper at Walmart vs Weis. Ok, so not really, I used it as an excuse to go. I wanted to look at Terra Cotta pots and the temptation overwhelmed me especially concerning having to go out anyways.

The nice thing about Terra Cotta is it's dirt cheap. I got two bigger pots and four small ones along with some flowers for around $10. I could handle that!

Jim is on second shift this week and got home pretty late last night. Usually since school's out now I end up staying up til he gets home. I was so excited to complete my back porch there I was at 12:30 am on my back porch putting my pots together. At least it was cool, but the occasional June bug I would have to swat away was a little annoying. Wonder what the neighbors thought if they saw me out there at that time of night?

So, anyways for now my back porch is complete...although I would like to paint the porch itself but not sure what color I would pick.

Updated pics....

I got impatients cause the back porch doesn't get alot of full sun. Debated after getting them if maybe because of the terra cotta colors if I shouldn't have picked out red flowers instead of pink. Oh well, the pink looks good too.



On a side note for lunch today we picked fresh lettuce from our mini garden to go with our sandwiches. It was so good! All the kids ate it up...even Logan!






1 comment:

  1. Loooove it!!! I finally found a place for the frames I painted. Guess where...of course. THE PORCH!

    ReplyDelete