My Blog List

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Now Onto Front Porch Fixen Up

Yesterday I had a surprise visit from a friend. I really enjoyed the few minutes she was here as we chatted...just wished everything hadn't been such a wreck! I had plans of cleaning off my front porch yesterday but didn't get to it, after she stopped over I wished I had.

So damn it! Today was the day! I cleaned it off...burned the boxes of my Ltd stuff that I had thrown out there, and then came the fun stuff. I painted both benches that have been sitting on my front porch since last summer when I bought them from a yard sale for $5 each. 2 coats of paint on both took me a while but it was a super great day for paint drying. Next I moved onto another window frame just like the one out back. Painted it to match the benches and then hung it under the porch railing where there are no spindles. That's one reason I like those benches there...it helps cover and fill up the blank space.

When I was done with that I hung a brown curtain I had got from the thrift store behind the right bench and tied it off. Still didn't feel like being done yet especially since today was a day that Evie was taking a 4 hour nap (which is not usual for her). Next I moved onto my bar stools. I sanded the seats to them and then painted them black. I'm doing a wood and black combo in my kitchen. Still didn't feel like being done, so I sanded and painted the seat to my black bench out back that Evie had gotten white nail polish all over.

Phew! Think if it's nice out tomorrow we'll take a break and go swimming.

Pics...enjoy.

Before painting they were just old worn gray wood.

After painting...hard to see cause I painted then a grayish green.

One of the windows behind the benches that I got out of the barn.

Since hanging I've added a swag that matches the curtain behind the right bench.

View from drive way. The orange extension cord is hubby's.

Panoramic view from steps.

Before painting.

After painting. Now the next project is sanding and painting the legs to my kitchen table black and then building a new top out of wood. Think I might need hubby's help with that one.

2 comments:

  1. Should get a buffer and and wear in an ass shaped spot on the top to give the paint job the impression of antiquity/age

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Word! You are so crafty and energetic. Come over here and help me paint some things if you get bored again! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete