My Blog List

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Days of Disney Princesses are over :-(

My two older kids Logan and Debbie are 10 and 8 now. They were born two years and two weeks apart exactly. Both born in the month of March.

Logan's favorite shows used to be Max & Ruby, Dragon Tales, Elmo's World, and Rugrats just for a few. He used to call Elmo Melmo. Now it's Ben 10, Adventure Time, Mad Tv, and Family Guy if we'd we'd let him watch it!

Deb used to love anything Princess, Sesame Street, Dora, and Wonder Pets. Now it's anything Justin Beiber (which I can't stand that little prick!), ICarly, Victorious, and Wizards of Waverly Place for just a few.

Where did my little babies go? Yesterday we took the kids to Little Pine and stopped at the country store in Waterville for drinks. There were two younger guys standing out front and Deb was just starring at them. Boy crazy already!? The other day I said something sarcastic and Logan laughed cause he got it. I felt sad and proud all at the same time! He's even made me laugh using some of the same dry sarcastic wit I use.

When it comes to Deb Jim's ready to put his shot gun of choice on layaway and with Logan I'm ready to put a down payment on that military school. Logan is 3 short years away from becoming a teenager and Deb is only two short years behind him.

Talk about starting to feel old. Not sure where I find myself falling with these older kids. I've been a mother to toddlers most of my adult life, so this adolescence I'm finding myself in leaves me feeling a little unnerved as the journey goes on.

Good bye Melmo...good bye Swiper no swiping...good bye my Logie Dogie...good bye my Debbie Doodle. At least I still have my Jer Bear and Eviekins...for a little while yet.

2 comments: