My Blog List

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back Porch Fixin Up.

Last night after cleaning up supper (which included washing dishes by hand) I decided to do some painting I've been wanting to do. When I was at my parents last I went into the barn behind the house and found some treasures. There were about 50 different kinds of old windows. I've been wanting some for quite some time now for crafty projects. So I loaded up the back of my van with all different kinds of windows and frames.

The kind I decided to paint last night has 9 windows panels with no glass. I wanted to paint it to hang from my back porch. I also found some old metal flower wall hangings one of the last times I was at the thrift store. I didn't like the tacky 70's green that the stems were so I painted them black to match the black motif of what I'm trying to do. I only put one light coat of black on them so a little bit of the green shows through and I think it looks pretty good.

After getting home from church I was very anxious to hang it all since everything was dry. While the kids ate their lunch I was out back getting my decorating groove on. I had so much fun! It was a little tricky hanging everything since the back porch roof and beams are all metal. Seems as if nails don't take to kind to being pounded in metal without drilling a hole first. Who knew! Well, I did some what, but figured I'd give it a try first anyways.

Once I was done I of course, seeing the FB loser I am, immediately took pics and posted them. I so bad want to pack up all the kids for a Walmart run to get some Terra Cotta pots for my solar plant stands I got from LTD. I just picked up everything I had ordered yesterday from Nanny. She's the big LTD lady and I order through her. I've only got one more thing that I've ordered that hasn't come yet. Considering my upcoming beach trip I'd better hold off making a Walmart run. Self restraint isn't one of my strong suits but I'm giving it my best.

The motif I'm going for is Terra Cotta and black accents. It seems that I can't get enough of black! I love it. It's so sharp and clean and am using it for a lot of my accent colors here and there. I have another wooden window frame exactly the same that I want to paint and hang from the front porch. Might do that one in the dark chocolate brown I have or maybe even the dark sage green I also have.

When I came in from the outside to lay Evie down for a nap, I took one last long look at it all before coming in and said to the kids, "now if only we could get the inside looking just as nice". I have all kinds of plans and projects going on inside my head that time and money aren't allowing me to complete when I want. Patience is also not one of my strong suits. I want everything done now! The next big project is getting the set of bunk beds from my sister in-law and finishing the kids bedrooms. The girls room all I have to do is finish painting the trim and the boys room I have all the painting to do. Haven't even gotten the paint for their room yet...just the samples of the colors I want. Plus the curtains I want to make for the boys room and my kitchen. At least I have the material for the ones in my kitchen. Just got to get together with my one friend to help since I want Roman shade curtains and have never made those before.

Ah...so much to do...so little time. I need to get all my friends together for a girls painting party and get it all done at once. Maybe if I provide some good food I can talk them into it. Tee-Hee.

Here's some pics of my handy work...enjoy!

Before painting

After painting and hanging.

Before painting

After painting and hanging

My solar plant stands. Since I don't have any pots Mr.Turtle will have to do.


My infamous bench I re-did that Evie put white nail polish on. Still have to get out the remover and take care of that.

The girls enjoying the serenity of my "cozy sheek" back porch.

4 comments:

  1. YOU R SUCH A SPAZ BUT I LOVE YOU ANYWAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with wanting things to be "cozy sheek"! You know it makes me feel good and happy to have things put together looking nice. If Mama's happy...everybody's happy. Can I get an amen to that anyone?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try! Just got done painting those two wooden benches on my front porch. Got them last year at a yard sale for $5 each. They look so much better. Even picked out the wooden window frames for the front porch...that's my next painting project...not sure it'll be to day though...mama's getting tired!

    ReplyDelete