My Blog List

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Driven To the Point of Hypocrisy

I decided yesterday to make up a nightly schedule for me and the kids to follow. Things have been going kind of crazy with Jim being gone at work so much and I thought a schedule might help.

This is what I came up with.

3:45-3:50/arrive home from school
3:50-4:30/snacktime-t.v.time
4:30-5:00/homework time
5:00-5:30/put laundry away-clean room-chores
5:30-6:00/supper time
6:00-6:30/excercise time (logan's been wanting to loose weight)
6:30-7:00/showers
7:00-7:30/reading-studying time
7:30-8:00/Bilble reading-prayer time
8:00-8:30/brush teeth-wash face-go potty
8:30/Bedtime

It all went so well last night following the schedule. Even the kids seemed to like knowing exactly what to do during the evening hours. Oh how I love structure!

Like I said it all went well.....up until Bible reading and prayer time. There was a monkey wrench in the whole thing...and that monkey wrench is named Evie. Everybody was sitting either on the couch or love seat so everybody had their own space. Well Evie thought it would be a good idea to start jumping and body slamming everyone. Did I mention what we were reading and discussing? It was love. I've been tired of how everybody treats eachother around here. So I thought that would be a good place to start. So there I am reading verses on love pausing every few seconds to scream at Evie. Finally I had enough and I took her by the hand (while still screaming at her) back to her room and shut the door. I then return to my place on the couch after my tirade and said in my sweetest voice, "o-kay, so love is patient and kind and treats each other with love no matter how the other person is acting." Do you see the hypocrisy I'm getting at?

Well at least the whole thing wasn't a bust....at the end we wrote down prayer requests for each other to pray about. I thought one way to show our love for each other is to pray for each other. Good idea Becky...yeah me...NOT. Now that I'm done patting myself on the back...one of Deb's requests was to stay safe. I asked her if she worries about that and she said she worries sometimes that something bad is going to happen to her. What's really sad is I had absolutly no idea she had these kind of fears. How horrible to be constantly afraid something bad is going to happen to you. Well it kind of fit in to what we were talking about...I was taught that the opposite of love is not hate but fear. So boiled down her prayer request is to have God's love grow in her beceause that's what will replace her fear. That's a lesson I need to learn as well. Out of the mouth of babes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment