My Blog List

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

White Trailor Trash

Do you ever sit back and look at your life to see perhaps what those around you see? What friends, neighbors, or even random passerby might see. Well I do. Every now and again I put myself through the torture of this mindless mental wondering. Superficial wondering because it usually never deals with the things that really matter.

Let me further explain my ramblings. I was out getting my hair cut by this very nice lady who runs her shop out of her house...her nice house...her nice house in a development. She asked where we live and I of course said Pine Creek which then caused her to ask, "Oh did you build out there"? This is where my skill of being honest without divulging too much truth comes in very handy. I said we rent a "place" out in Pine Creek...not trailor but place and then I prayed to God she didn't ask me where in Pine Creek. Eveybody knows the trailor court by the trading post of course. Thankfully she didn't though. Four kids, two adults and one dog -  two cats crammed in one trailor. Reicks of white trash doesn't it.

So, I've established we live in a trailor, but unfortunately there's more. Right now as I sit writing this post...towards the end of February... I have a skating rink in my front yard. A skating rink you ask? Yes, a skating rink that was at one point a place of summer fun for my kids. Haven't guessed yet? It's our $100 Walmart pool. You know, the ones with the blow up rings that rise as you fill it. Yeah, that's what we've got and now instead of my kids diving into it they skate on it. They don't realize it now, but someday in the future they will look back and say, " Mom...Dad...that was so white trashy." Well I guess one plus is this summer we won't have to put it back up....cause it's already there!!!

Another good example is how every time my kids get out of our van some where I'm terrified that they're going to knock garbage out onto the ground for everybody to see. Can you imagine? Scenario - We've just arrived at church Sunday mornin...the kids all bull their way out of the van like there's a fire inside and out comes a two week old McDonald's cup and starts rolling down the parking lot. This scenario is so absolutly possible of happening it's scary.

Next example is...Jim had off today and took me to the thrift store to see what little treasures I could find. To my absolute ecstatic surprise was the last few weeks worth of "People" and "Star" magazines. Eeeeeee! I don't normally treat myself to this guilty pleasure when at the grocery store because as trashy as these magazines may be they are expensive. So, I of course immediately grabbed them as if someone was going to come along and swipe them before I had a chance to. THEY WERE MINE. (Another guilty pleasure : The Insider and Entertainment Tonight. Jim calls it my trailor trash T.V.) I did find a couple of other trinkets but they were definitely my big find. What's really sad is instead of paying a quarter for them I probably could have just gone to the recycling bin and got some for free, but I consider that to be dumpster diving and I'm above that. (be quiet Tina, shhhh)

Last example, my brother and his wife called yesterday and they were going to come out. I of course went into a mad dash to tidy up. I made Jim go clean up the porch a little and throw out the pumpkin that's been sitting and rottin since October!!! Did I mention it's now towards the end of February? October...pumpkin...February...Trailor trash.

Sorry, I have one last example...my blog post "Monkey Pits".

Good day to you .

1 comment:

  1. HA!!! Funny. BUT, you aren't trashy, girl! You have class. Love this one...LOL and all that.

    ReplyDelete