My Blog List

Friday, February 4, 2011

The Power of the Shroom

I discovered something very interesting today. I was doing some laundry I was backed up on and moved a pile of dirty clothes on the floor by the washer. To my amazement there where the wall and floor meets is this thing that looks like a cream colored carnation. What could it be..... I'm so very proud to announce that my housekeeping skills have produced an enviroment that successfully grows shrooms. Yes, you read right, I have a shroom growing on the inside of my house. Their must have been a damp towel or something in that wonderful pile of laundry.


This all takes me back to a time in my teenage years when I still lived at home with my parents. We had sliding glass doors in the shower at that house and they had the tendacy to leak a little. Well where the corner of the tub met the floor there would be a shroom that would appear every now and again. Now this one didn't look like a carnation but had a long skinny stem with the normal shroom hat. It was almost kind of cute. It most times would appear over night and we would find it in the morning. We would of course get rid of it until one day I somehow convinced my mother to leave it go and see how big that puppy would get. It was my own personal science experiment. I think I might have even named it but I don't remember, I'll have to call my mom and ask her. I think we let it go for a good couple weeks and then one morning I went in the bathroom and to my amazement it had siblings. You can imagine my excitment of course. I was aiding in the growth process of a Life....and it was now multiplying. Well, it wasn't too much longer my mom couldn't stand it anymore and said we were having company over and I had to get rid of it.


My new little pet I discovered won't have a chance to flourish in this case with small children and everything. I am however making homemade pizza for supper. I wonder......Nah, I'd better not.

No comments:

Post a Comment