My Blog List

Friday, February 11, 2011

Pet Peeves

We all have our own little quirks about us don't we? There are a few superfical things in this life that really burns my britches.

One of which is people who wash and reuse disposable baggies. Why???? You're supposed to throw them away. For God's sake for $3-$4 you get like 30 of them. How many times have you gone to someone's house and there sitting in their dish drainer is a baggie turned inside out over top of a glass to dry? If you have nothing better to do with the precious time you have on this earth than to wash baggies then you seriously need to re-evaluate your life!

Next is people who chew with their mouths open. Yuck!!! I don't want to see it let alone hear it!!! Which brings me to a story of personal weakness. Back when I used to attend Mops there was this one woman who started coming and I'm ashamed to admit that the very sight of this woman made me cringe. At one meeting she of course decided to sit right next to me during the beginning of the meeting where we are all sitting around in a circle. We of course had our plates of food and were eating during the announcements. This woman ate like a cow...no wait...worse than a cow...even a cow would be like - what the! Then as the coordinater was making the announcements she started...with her mouth agape with half masticated brunch rolling around in it...she started making all these noises every time something was said. The poor coordinater couldn't even get through one sentence without this woman going...oh...uh-huh...hmmmm...yeah. Every time time she would make one of her little ooh's or aah's she would then whip her head over and look at me, all while chomping away. Every time she would whip her head over at me I just kept looking forward and ignoring her, but I can still feel her gaze out of the corner of my eye to this day. It makes me shudder. I sat there wondering how would Jesus be reacting if He were sitting next to her. I like to think He would be just as annoyed as I was. All this of course did not help the feelings I had towards her.

The next meeting after that didn't help either. I was in the Weis parking lot trying to find a spot across from the church that wasn't two miles away, and then I found one. But I had to loop around to be able to pull in and as I was approaching the spot this mini van whipped right into my spot! Needless to say I said a very colorful word and found another spot which was of course two miles away. As I was unbuckling kids out of their seats I see that mini van that stole my spot and you'll never guess who I saw getting out of that mini van? It was herrr! The ooh-ahh...chomp-slirp-chomp woman. At that moment my distain for this woman grew even deeper. I prayed, "God help me with this mannerless, attention seeking, mentally not all there woman". Can anyone out there relate?

2 comments:

  1. Oh. I know now. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Funny post. I know what you mean. Yep. I have seen some annoying chewers in my life...I've lived with some...still do (asthmatic mouth breathers, ya know.)

    ReplyDelete