My Blog List

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Online Connection

We were talking about the benefits and flaws of things like facebook and other online means of communication last night at small groups. Things like facebook can be superficial at times cause we can have "friends" on there we're not really friends with. We post our best pictures and write what few impressive things that are going on in our lives. We paint the perfect picture for those who care to look. Maybe that's why I like blogging so much. It's my online journal I use as an outlet for my thoughts, revelations and yes my weirdness to flow free. It's also there for the people who want to know me better and keep up with what's going on in my life.

I'm personally thankful for my "online" life. After I sent my first e-mail to my one friend a little while back she e-mailed me back and officially welcomed me to the world of online communication and I am now officially addicted. Just yesterday I was having a blah day, and e-mailed four of my closest friends about having a day of the blahs. I got an e-mail back from each of one them either saying me too or come over for coffee a.s.a.p. For me just seeing them once a week at church isn't enough. I want to know what their weeks are like and what's going on in their lives. It made me feel good to see that the blahs of everyday life isn't something restricted to just me. We go through the same kind of stuff. I want to be able to encourage my friends and support them and I can't do that if I don't know what's going on in their lives. I'm a sappy friend.

One of the things I'm really thankful for as of late in my "online" life is my reconnection with my brother in New Zealand. It's been approximately 3-4 years since I've seen him and has been great catchin up. Last night I was chatting with both him and his wife and was nice talkin to her. I don't know her very well but am hoping through this magical world of online chatting that will change, after all through my brother she's my sis now. Doesn't hurt that they make good lookin babies like their lil sis. Hee-Hee. Already wanting to plan a trip over there to see them both and by then both my little nephews. Hang in there girl, it's almost over. Look out Mom...might need a sitter. Hee-Hee ; }

Computers are an amazing thing to use for keeping up wid all yo peeps. I just got an e-mail last night about my one friend whose baby is in the hospital with RSV really bad. I wouldn't have known if not for that e-mail. Evie had that as a baby too and as bad as it was she didn't need to be hospitalized. I can only imagine how scared she must be for little Tucker. Prayin for you girl.

There's one good thing about my online connections...it's keeping me off E-bay! Jim pretty happy about that. I do however have $2 in e-bay bucks expiring soon and have had my eye on another set of Currier & Ives glasses. ; }

No comments:

Post a Comment