My Blog List

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Go With the Flow Continued

My husband Jim is my biggest blog follower. He's always checking and asking me if I've wrote anything new. He read the first part of Go With the flow and understood what I was saying because he knows me, but thought it could be misunderstood by others. So I wanted to clarify a couple things concerning that.


I was speaking about going with the flow with God not our sin. We can not stop ourselves from sinning by simply fighting it, if we could we wouldn't need Jesus. We can do our best to resist what we know to be wrong and sinful, but we are going to have times where we'll fail. We shouldn't have an oh well attitude towards our sin, but we also shouldn't hold on to it trying to fight it in our own strength. Rather hold on to the One who prunes it from us and not feel condemned when we do fall. God is not some serious business man that gets frustrated with our weakness because it messes up His agenda. His word says he is long suffering and patient with us and I believe in most cases we disappoint ourselves more than we do God. He wants us to go through the valleys of our sin with Him knowing full well our performance is not going to be perfect. It is more affective concerning our sin to hold onto Him then spend so much time, energy and frustration putting all our attention on constantly battling it. We all know that it is God that brings and causes the change. I gave an example of a person who I had bad feelings towards and instead of focusing on my feelings I focused on Him. It was God that brought the change.

It goes back to my writing on having fellowship with God. When we're staying in fellowship with God He brings change to all areas of our life without having to focus on all the things wrong with us. There is not one area of our lives He won't touch with His Spirit and the most important thing we can do is stay in fellowship with him.

Sometimes my sin feels like little annoying, buzzing bees flying all around my head. The more time I spend swatting at them the more frantic they buzz. God is the ultimate Raid. Which is of better use of my time? Swatting in my own strength or go to the exterminator?

In order to truly take hold of God we need to let go of our sin and put it in His hands and quit worrying about having a perfect performance.

I hope this clarifies any confusion the first part may cause.

2 comments:

  1. What about the people who are going with the flow of allah, or gaia, or shiva, or buddha? Are they doing it wrong? How do you know? What about the 95% of christian churches you don't agree with? Are they doing it wrong? Will punished or go to hell? What about all the people who lived and died before the mythical birth of christ. Did they even have a chance, or are they rooted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan...your questions imply that you are a deep-thinker...because you are asking questions only the Creator can answer. The creatures (that's us) don't know more than their Creator, which is why the creatures ask the questions and the Creator does the answering. If you start to think of "God" as a Creator, which he is, where does that leave allah, or gaia, or shiva, or buddha that you mentioned? They are simply creatures (like us) and they too must have a Creator (just like us). So I can give you a little insight to your first question of: "What about the people who are going with the flow of allah, or gaia, or shiva, or buddha? Are they doing it wrong? How do you know?". Right or wrong...any people that follow after the creature (rather than the Creator) will be deeply disappointed, as creatures (like us) were made by the Creator so as to worship the Creator...not creatures worshiping creatures. As for me and my house, we will worship the Creator.

    ReplyDelete