My Blog List

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

She's At It Again

As I wrote yesterday I had to take Debbie to the Doctor. Her appointment was for 1:10 which is Jer and Evie's nap time. Evie napped for about 20 minutes in the van on the way home. That was not enough.

Evie not getting a nap is like Barney Fife taking his bullet out of his shirt pocket and putting it in his gun. Eventually it's going to go off. She was completely out of control.

First...I had gotten Jer some juice, and when she saw him with juice she decided she wanted some too. She whined until I got it for her. She then proceeded to take mouthfuls of her juice and spit it on her siblings. They all came running to me to tell on her as they were wiping themselves off. I'm surprised they didn't gang up on her. To be honest...I would have looked the other way if they had.

Second...I came walking into the kitchen to see her on top of the bar and jumping off of it like a flying squirrel onto the love seat below. She had her arms and legs extended just like a flying squirrel. She's going to be the one to grow up and be a sky diver. This child has no fear.

Third...Evie loves books, but they don't always love her back. Deb likes to read to her and alot of times it's while I'm making supper. That way she is occupied and out of trouble. Deb was reading her a library book from school when all of a sudden Deb came up to me holding the book with a page ripped out of it. Nice......I'll be performing book surgery later.

Fourth...I had to run to the pharmacy after Jim got home. Logan had left a magazine in it's folder that he checked out from the library at school. When I got back Jim was taking what pieces were left of it away from her. Not sure that one is salvageable. She had struck again.


Fifth...while we were still at the Doctors office she was sitting in a chair and all of a sudden she had a piece of gum in her mouth. The thing is I had no gum. Where she got it from I have no clue other then someone had stuck their already chewed piece of gum somewhere on that chair. I was completely disgusted at the thought of it. My child had chewed on some strangers saliva rittled piece of gum. I start to heave a little every time I think about it. I wanted to make her gargle with hand sanitizer but then I would end up poisoning her in the process. Unfortunately what's done is done.


By the end of the day I felt like putting her in the dog crate. Actually, I felt like doing that long before the end of the day. I am at my wits end with this child. I feel like putting her over my knee and spanking her until she's afraid to move...or unable to move. At least from her not getting a proper nap I could put her in bed early last night.

What am I going to do with this child? Will she grow out of it or will it just get worse as she gets older? She is a danger to herself and all those around her! My one friend was talking about how it's legal to anonymously "drop" kids off at the hospital and leave them there! Hmmm......nay, I wouldn't do that to the innocent people working there. They deserve to be rewarded for their hard work, not punished.

God gave me this child and she's mine to love, nurture and DEAL with. Sigh.............

3 comments:

  1. Bahahahahahaha! I LOVE her! She needs some play-do, dried beans, glue, construction paper and scissors. I think she may be a prodigy...smart...a genius...she's bored with ordinary kid stuff. Send her to Preschool for the gifted and talented (aka...Gramma's house...ssshhhh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I've invested in play-do, water colors, crayons, and construction paper. Pretty soon my next investment is going to be duct tape and rope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And this too shall pass."

    ReplyDelete