My Blog List

Thursday, March 17, 2011

White Trailor Trash Continued

Most of you know that my husband got a "new to him" truck. It's a beast. Huge! I had the privledge of taking a friend shopping in it the other week. Boy did we get some looks.

The last two days Jim's been working in the shop and yesterday he came home early cause there wasn't any work left to do in the shop for the day. I was in the bedroom putting away laundry when I heard the truck coming up the drive. Hard not to hear the beast coming. In a matter of seconds I heard this loud bang and the whole trailer shook. I thought omg, what did the kids do! One of them has to be dead after a boom like that. I went running out of my bedroom in a panic to find the kids o-kay and everything in the house intact. That loud boom that made the whole trailer shake was Jim backing his truck up into the trailer. That's right, he hit the trailer. I opened the door and saw him coming up the steps with a big grin on his face. He had the same look my cat does when he brings a dead mouse to the porch. So proud of himself. No damage to the trailer or the beast.

It was at that moment I fully realized my husband is just as white trailer trashy as I am. I knew he was a redneck, but that has bled over into trailer trash. Could it be that I've rubbed off on him or was it just always there. Give my husband a big truck and anything that goes boom (aka his hand cannon) and he's happier than a pig in sh....well you know what.

I guess this shouldn't surprise me considering this is the same guy who would go on bumpy, muddy mountains roads, riding on top of the vehicle, hanging on for dear life while his buddy drove 50 miles an hour. That's my redneck! Who can resist those dimples.


1 comment:

  1. That beast is so awesome...I love it! I love that it requires a hefty step up to get into it...try that in stilettos, my friend! The blue-belly BEAST!!!

    ReplyDelete