My Blog List

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Foundation is Laid

My blog is many things wrapped into one site. One of the things it has been is my journal in my spiritual growth. I feel that God has taken me from mediocre, cloudy, and self attained religon and brought me into His freedom. He has brought me into His promised land and the green pastures where His presence is vivid. When I really think about it I'm not sure that's right...I was always there - I just didn't realize it. He has brought me realization of who He truly is and who I am in Him. He is freedom from sin, myself, and oh yes MYSELF.

He has laid the foundation for growth without guilt, shame, and fear. The foundation for growth outside of myself or despite myself rather. No stipulations or requirements. I always viewed obedience as a requirement when it is simply something He asks of us. God is not a dictator who demands our obedience and takes away all that He is in us when we don't obey Him. That's how Satan has deceived the world into thinking who He is and what Christianity is about. Unfortunately he has deceived many Christians themselves into that kind of belief. The truth shall set you free.

I feel like my "walk" with God is not a walk even anymore....It's a dance. I occasionally watch Dancing With the Stars and now and again there is dance performed that is so beautiful and graceful that it makes you want to cry. It's like they are floating on the dance floor, oblivious to the fact that any one is watching them. They are caught up in the enjoyment of the dance and the beauty of it. That's how I view my "walk" with Him. The gracefulness comes from letting Him lead in the dance.

Now that the foundation has been laid, it's time to move beyond the elementary things of Christ and spiritual milk and move on to the "solid food". I may still need some milk to wash it down with, but I will go where He leads. Just as Jesus called to His chosen disciples to come out into the deep and get ready for a haul. Gulp...I think I'm ready.

5 comments:

  1. How much of this post is made of stuff you could have made up all by yourself? Or someone else made up and spoonfed to you for the last 31 years? The so-called "Milk" and "Solid Food" sophistry riechts of Ayers-tianity. I love how indefinite the meaning of the words are. Let me show you what they mean.

    The "Milk" is just the lightweight crap (God loves everyone and wants to save the world; He is building a paradise in the afterlife for you). Its as pleasant as it is ridiculous, but not quite ridiculous enough to make the young, immature, or gullible immediately suspcious.

    The "Solid Food" is complete and utter delusional chicanery that very few would accept until they have completely subsumed their power of reason to the "Milk" (Billions of people went to/are going to hell in eternal torment for unbelief; Jesus was a real person; He was born from a virgin; He came back from the dead; He is going to come back to the earth to rule in benevolence)

    Neither offers any evidence that it hasn't made up itself, it just gets more and more unbelievable. The most obvious fallacy is that the god would have been apodeictic had it not been for the mischief of satan. Except, belief in god is required in order to believe in satan. Excusing the lack of evidence on satan is no reason to believe that christianity could be true without proof of god, because satan is just as much of an invention of christianity as god is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband used to say God was Good Orderly Direction and it was for people who couldn't think for themselves and needed that guidance. After two years of a crappy economy and a failing business(after 14yrs) he decided he needed a little direction himself.
    From my own experiences in life, I believe there is God and there is Satan. Where there is light there is darkness.
    I maybe a simpleton because I had to get a dictionary out to read the comment from Bryan, but I can see he's bitter and frustrated. I feel sorry for him and will pray for him to have his heart softened and his eyes opened. Because God could do it for Saul I know he can for Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the sentiment, but, perhaps it would be better to pray for my head to be softened instead of my heart, so that I might accept the preposterous. The story of Paul in quite appropriate when applied in reverse. I was christian for 30 years, until I became reasonable and dismissed all claims that are made without evidence.

    1 Corinthians 13:11
    When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

    No one is a simpleton for using a dictionary. Only a simpleton would believe they would never need a dictionary to read or write as well as they possibly can. Language is what makes our brains get bigger. If we do not use languages to relate to other people, neither their brains nor our brains will grow in the way that they are supposed to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who says that scripture is proof unto itself without any evidence of it being any truer that any other piece of mid-evil literature you sure do quote it a lot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What better weapon to nail someone to the wall with then their own hammer? Besides, I didn't say bible is any less true then any other medieval literature. I simply don't treat it any differently. It has some good things, some shit things, and some outright evil things.

    My point about the bible is that whatever few outstanding bits it may have are not enough to accept the entire text as any authority on life. I can accept, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." without leaping to the conclusion that I better make believe all the other bunk is real or I'm going to be tortured for eternity. What complete and utter nonsense.

    ReplyDelete