My Blog List

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Not Quite What I Had Planned

Yesterday was such a productive day which I planned on continuing into today. Then the phone rang early this morning. It was the school saying that school was canceled for today. Snow Days, oh how I hate them. Weekends are bad enough especially when Jim's working, but during the week when I'm only supposed to have the two at home! Mayjor suckage. Joyce Meyer always says, "Life is what happens when you have other things planned". Jim tries to irritate me by quoting that.

One of those unplanned things has me feeling a little funky. We got a letter from the IRS the other day. In 2009 we paid off a credit card and they took off the amount of the interest and penalties so all that was left was the original balance. We did automatic monthly payments until it was paid. The letter from the IRS says that the amount taken off we now owe tax on in the amount of $900. They're looking at that amount we didn't have to pay as if it were income. Now I'm not very savvy with this kind of stuff so maybe that won't surprise any of you, but it was definitely not something I had planned on having to deal with. I'd like to think it's not going to be something they expect us to pay all at once. Jim's job is bringing in more income then he's previous job, but not that much. That's alot of money to have all at once. We don't have our savings built up yet with this job. Oh well, no sense worrying about right now. It'll get taken care of.


I had planned on going to Walmart for groceries today and picking out my new nose ring since I can change it out this Friday. It's been two weeks since I had it done. It's a diamond stud he used to pierce it with, but it's bigger than the stud I want. I saw a much smaller and delicate one at Walmart when I was there last.


My day brightened up a bit when the awesome 80's at noon came on the radio. It just so happens that I was wearing my Jon Bon Jovi jeans today. Holes every where and a big slit underneath my butt cheek. I may be 25 pounds heavier than I was this time last year, but I can still rock them. First Skid Row's song " I Remember You" came on, then George Micheal's "Faith", and my personal favorite, "Footloose". I was dancing just like Kevin Bacon did in the movie. My legs kicking and arms flailing. I did all this while sweeping and mopping my kitchen floor.

As much as this may have brightened up my day it was unfortunately short lived. Reality of the sucky day kicked back in. Kids fighting, Evie screaming her head off as usual, and the satisfaction of yesterday's work gone. At least my kids look nice from their haircuts, but I'm sure that will wear off to.

Small groups at church got canceled cause of the weather, so I won't even get to see any of my friends today. Was looking so forward to that.

Does it sound like I've given up on the day? Yeah, pretty much have. Just getting through til nap time. Oh blessed nap time, you're always there for me. Maybe footloose will come on again.

4 comments:

  1. > The letter from the IRS says that the amount taken off we now owe tax on in the amount of $900.

    I'd recommend you look around and get a lawyer to look at that. It sounds like pure BS to me. Unless you had the income and it was tax-free because of the credit line. The IRS is not a government agency. The legality of their claim on your money is entirely based on your signing a paper saying so. Don't sign anything until you've spoken to a lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop stressing so much over money!They make it everyday.I have always been willing to pay my tax's and will remain that way! P.S. The girl's room looks great you did good and all hair cuts look good too. LOVE YOU Baby doll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to jinx myself. But I was told the same thing years ago when I was young and stupid and the credit card company gave an 18yr old free money. I maxxed out my cards and then had to pay them back. Being the slacker I can be I just didn't pay it. So they came back a few years later and said if you pay this much for six months we will call it done. The rest would be charged off. They said the IRS could claim that charge off as income because I had used the money and not paid it back. That was 16 yrs ago and I haven't heard from the IRS. I agree that you should talk to a lawyer before making payment arrangements.
    I like to play big band Swing music to clean, the broom and I have a great time dancing acros the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Credit cards are almost as big of a scam as the IRS. Congress borrows money from Federal Reserve (also not a government institute), the members make money through their positions by funneling spending to their own interests, and then pass the debt to you, the taxpayer. Sucker.

    Even if the money went directly to the United States Government, those members are already bought and paid for by the people who are not on your side. Every dollar that can be denied to the Federal Reserve can only do good.

    ReplyDelete