My Blog List

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Love My Redneck Husband

Every now and again I find my husband doing something that makes me laugh. When ever it is homework time we are always frantically looking for pencils, especially sharp ones. I keep wanting to invest in a good working sharpener, but thus far just have those chintzy ones the kids bring home from school. It takes 5 minutes to sharpen one pencil with those things. Since he got home today at a decent time he was in charge of homework while I made supper. He became frustrated with trying to find sharp pencils. I walked into the kitchen to find him running his cordless drill with a pencil hooked to the end of it in the sharpener. I'm not sure whether or not to think he's redneck for this or a genius. In a matter of seconds he had several pencils sharpened to perfection.

I like to refer to his innovations as "Jimmy Riggin". We all of course know the more politically incorrect version of that. Give that man some tools, duct tape and a wire hanger and he turns into the redneck version of MacGyver. I actually think that could be a show. It would have to star Larry the cable guy cause I'm always saying they look alike. I should pitch it to CMT. It would go good with Tom Arnold's Redneck Weddings show and the Dukes of Hazard reruns.

There is the stigma that "Country Folk" are unintelligent, but I think they are wrong. My husband is proof of that. Any time I can't figure something out that I'm trying to do I call him and he very rarely fails me. Sometimes I wonder what I would do if God forbid something ever happened to him. I'd be completely lost. Not quite as lost as he would be if something happened to me first, but none the less...lost.


 Getter Done (Jim's the one in red)

2 comments:

  1. I love Manly Men. The world needs it's soft handed, diplomatic, bookish men. But I love my Neanderthal man! I have to say I feel safe with my hubby knowing he can fix just about everything, he can hunt and fish and come up with whatever we need.
    John used his drill on my Squeezo food mill. We did a bushel of tomatoes lickety split!
    There is a Redneck Show called the Red and Green Show there is a segment on it in every episode about the use of duct tape. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MacGyver! I can hear the theme music playing...oh...wait...nope...that's the theme music for the A-Team! Git 'er done, Jim!

    ReplyDelete