My Blog List

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Want To Stir The Soup!

A while back I got the stuff to make my own laundry soap, well today was the day. I grated the Fels Naptha soap and melted it on the stove. I let the kids take turns stirring the mixture in the bucket. Evie kept whining that she wanted to stir the soup. It seems to be thickening up nicely. In fact I've used some already cause I procrastinated making it until I was out of the detergent from the store I last bought.

It was so hot in this trailer today. The thermostat at it's highest said between 82-83 degrees. I don't know what the temp outside was but it was like a sauna in here. I was glad to get out of the house after the kids got home from school. We went to the Daycare where I used to work to pick out what Antiquity pictures I wanted. I got the 12 pose package cause I couldn't make up my mind on which ones to get. Thank goodness they have layaway. I did get to bring the 10x13 home with me. I took a picture of it with my camera but it didn't take a very good one...it's a little fuzzy. When we were done we played at the playground next to the daycare and they got to catch up with old friends. It was so cute, the kids I knew from when I worked there were like, what are you doing here Miss Becky? Awh, they remember me. sniff - sniff

It's finally cooled down outside and I have the door open with the fan blowing cool air (and bugs) inside. It down poured for quite a while this afternoon/evening. There was even good sized hail coming down. Logan got excited cause he thought the storm meant no school tomorrow. Goofy boy.




Jer thought I was making mac n cheese. It looks like a snake.


Completely melted

Adding it to the washing soda, borax, and water mixture.

Jer stirring ever so carefully.

Evie finally getting to stir the soup.

It looks like turkey gravy, but smells nice.

10x13 - Aren't they all so cute! Wait til you see the other poses.





2 comments:

  1. Love the old fashioned photo!
    I saw a lady on TV here who made all these household products out of baking soda and the like. Might try a few of them out now that we will be back to one income....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only store bought cleaning products I use are Lestoil, because I'm addicted to the pine oil, and Pledge because I haven't made a dusting spray I like. I use vinegar water for everything else or borax(toilet) and baking soda and a lemon for cleaning the sink and tub. Baking soda and water in a paste consistancy gets the stains off my counter top. I use vinegar water with a few drops of essential oil to do my windows. No streaks and when the glass heats up the essential oil smells so good!
    Homemade cleaners cost a few bucks for such large amounts and saves me tons of money. I think I save 15 a month just with the laundry detergent!
    I did the antiquities before and love those pics. But they are sooooo expensive.

    ReplyDelete