My Blog List

Monday, May 2, 2011

Is It Halloween Yet?

Last Friday a friend and I hit the nearby thrift stores. Everything was going great and then we decided to go to the ARW in town after hitting the Dairy Queen for lunch. The kids went over to the toy area after we arrived like they normally do while we looked around. After we were there about for 10 minutes one of the ladies that works there asked, "who do these children belong to? They've made a mess with the toys and the little girl has stripped down to her bare butt and is trying on stuff." Oh boy, now we have a decision to make. Do we own up to the fact that "these children" belonged to us or do we pretend that we have no idea who they are. We of course did the right thing and said they are ours and made the situation right the best we could. We joked around that they now have our pictures hanging up in the ARW and are now banned.

After things had calmed down while looking around I found this yellow gown that I planned on making fun of until I took it off the rack to discover it was almost identical to the yellow gown Belle wore in The Beauty and the Beast. I decided to try it on and it fit like a glove. I wanted it...for next Halloween of course. There was no price tag on it so I asked the same lady who wanted to know who these children belonged to. She looked at it and said $15. I responded by saying really? She asked what I was going to use it for and I said for Halloween and for any other use the dress is rather ridiculous looking...which it is. As I held it up in front of her she stroked the many ruffles, thought for a moment and then said how about $6. I said sold! Shortly after that I found a hair piece that has all these curls hanging down just like how Belle had her hair in the movie. Awesome! My costume for next Halloween is complete. Now I just have to find white knickers and a blue tuxedo coat with tales for Jim. Oh yes, I told him he's going as Beast like it or not. I said Jer could be the candle stick guy and Evie could be the feather duster that he chases around but Jim said that would be just wrong since they are brother and sister. Whatever. Logan could be the clock and Deb could be Mrs.Potts. We'll get the whole family in on this theme. Can't you just picture it? I can, especially Jim in white knickers. Now that's HOT! That's a family picture. Jim's step mom is really into Halloween...in fact it's her favorite holiday. She'll be so proud of me this year! I can't wait.




Don't I make a good Belle?

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! It's great to plan ahead with those holidays. We tend to wait until the night before when they finally decide what they want to be and then I scrabble around trying to find everything I need for the costume!
    As for the Thrift store. I can't wait to go in and hear the gossip about some lady ignoring her children and allowing them to trash the toy area. I bet they put up more signs! Too Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky wrote:
    Don't I make a good Belle?

    Not at all. I still would much rather toss Belle to the wolves in spite of knowing you as well as I do. Let's only hope that the fourth film will depart from the book series and end with her demise, overdue as it is by my own reckoning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you meant Bella Swan not Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I haven't actually seen that film, so I can't say whether I'd hold any vitriol against her. Although, I'm almost certain you make a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belle has a lot more personality compared to Bella. Bella has the personality of a wet blanket. I can't believe she has two guys fighting over her. Perhaps the book portrays the character better then the actress Kristen Stewart does. I wouldn't know though as I haven't read any of them thus far.
    I also can't believe you haven't seen Disney's Beauty and the Beast. The next thing you're going to tell me is that you've never seen the Little Mermaid. You guys so need to keep going til you have a girl. Those movies will become staples in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky wrote:
    I can't believe she [Bella Swan] has two guys fighting over her.

    I wasn't the least surprised, stultified as the author was and is by her mormon upbringing. I think its really apparent in the fourth book, and see the series more as the warrant for the author's desperate need for counseling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Do you hang on every word I say don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only when you say something interesting. Or something uninteresting on a subject I at least find interesting otherwise. Keep in mind that the Internet is neighborhood in which I live, and I know some of the addresses you keep here. I'm bound to pop by for a chat now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. O-kay, so you're the Mr.Rodgers of cyber space. Where's your trolley?

    ReplyDelete