My Blog List

Monday, May 23, 2011

Big Bros

Yesterday after church we went to a b-day gathering at a friends house. After we all had a super wonderful lunch we all headed to the nearby park. There was a huge sand box that was a big hit with all my kiddos...especially Evie.

There were several unsupervised children there playing while their parents were playing a soft ball game at the ball park next to the playground area (which leaving little children unsupervised in a public place like that is a whole other post). There were two boys playing in the sand box and they were playing robot...so Evie started acting like a robot and saying, "I'm a robot...I'm a robot". The one little boy started yelling at her and kept saying she wasn't a robot and it was his game. Logan stood right up and went over to him and told him she could be a robot if she wants to. That a boy Logan!

It's funny...he can do all sorts of things to her...boss her around...yell at her for annoying him...take stuff from her...list goes on, but when he sees someone else mistreating her buddy he doesn't like that. Weird how brother and sisters are like that.

I remember when Jim and I were both living at my older brother's years ago, (that's how we met) him and I were laying on the floor watching movies together. This story makes Jim laugh when we talk about it. My brother walked out into the living room and saw us on the floor together and stood over Jim giving him the nastiest look I think Jim has ever gotten from anyone...and I've given him some doozies. Now Jim and I were behaving...we were just watching movies but still he didn't like that his little sister was having any moves laid on her by anyone! Funny.

When we were kids I remember we were making fake ids with the type writer and then laminating them with boxing tape. I was having trouble with mine and my brother wouldn't help me. I was in the living room crying when my other older brother (who lives in NZ now) came in and asked me what was wrong. When I told him I couldn't do it he helped me make one. Funny those things you remember.

Both my girls have two brothers to drive them crazy...annoy them...and make them cry, but they also have two brothers who will look out for them and step up when they are being mistreated. Jer will spend his day fighting with Evie (sometimes physically fighting with her too) but he will also get upset if I lay her down for nap when he hasn't given her a good nite kiss.



2 comments:

  1. We didn't use those fake-ids to buy beer, did we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No silly booger...think they were like secret agent ids but not sure.

    ReplyDelete