My Blog List

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rude People

Yesterday I had to go to the store. I only had enough coffee to make one cup that morning...did you hear that...ONE cup. I was running water through the used grounds in the filter to get by. After the kids got home from school we went.

As I was walking down the one isle a gentlemen (which is a nicer term then I would really like to use) probably about 60 or so was walking towards us. As he passed us he said to me, "why don't cha have some more kids" in a very snide way. Grant it I had all of my brood with me, but they were behaving in a favorable way at the time. There was no need for such a rude comment. Apparently there are people in this world who are against larger families, and I'm assuming he was one of them. My opinion is that if you don't have to feed them or wipe their butts...mind your own business.

Now onto an issue we're apparently having with our neighbor. When I let Dodie out I just open the door and check back in a couple minutes. Yesterday when I finished cleaning up supper I went out to burn garbage. As I walked down the steps of our back porch I saw a huge heap of dog crap. I thought, "that's weird". I wouldn't picture her crapping on the steps to the porch. I thought maybe it was that black lab from another trailer that comes around sometimes, but still it seemed strange for any dog to crap there. When I finished burning garbage I walked back up to the steps and happened to notice there were grass clipping stuck to it. That's when it hit me. It had been lying in the grass at some point and was then placed on our porch. Now our neighbor is very meticulous with his yard and must have found it and decided to "return" it. I don't blame him for not liking the fact that our dog crapped in his yard but it would have been a little nicer to have said something. I would have responded by saying that I was very sorry and that we would keep a better eye on her and if he were to find any more to let me know and I will clean it up. But no, he put it on the step to our porch waiting to be stepped on, which fortunately didn't happen.

Jim was quite perturbed with this and said about putting it on this guy's truck. Jim has a little bit of a vengeful side. I defused the situation because I know that retaliation is how feuds start.

I guess the next time I'm at the store I will be investing in a dog chain to tie her to when she goes out.

Still, there's no need to be rude people.

See the grass clippings? I could sooo be a CSI investigator. I notice things the average person doesn't. The grass clippings were the key to the whole story of who, why, and where. Dun da da. I can also tell by the color and whole appearance of the poo it's only 1-2 days old, which means the crime that was perpetrated happened sometime between yesterday morning and the night before.
Do I need to get a life or what?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I was not at the store with you when the comment was made. But then again no one opens their mouth when I am with you. And what I really wanna do with the dog crap is rub the neighbors big fat nose in it,then beat him with a rolled up news paper. Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete