My Blog List

Saturday, May 7, 2011

They're Sucking Me Dry

At the beginning of every school year are school pictures...in fact they are taken the first week of school. Then at the end of the school year they do it again...only this time they're more tricky about it. They take the pictures and then when they come in they send the package of pictures home with the kids. They know if you see them and have them in your possession your going to want to keep them. Your supposed to send back the ones you don't want and pay for the ones you keep. TRICKY.

The ones they take at the end of the school year are always nicer then the ones taken at the beginning of the year. There are different and nicer backgrounds to pick from without an extra charge and different poses. Yet again is another year where I'm getting sucked into the sales ploy. Last week they brought their packages of pictures home from school and they are freakin nice. Once I saw them and how nice they turned out...that was it...suckered again.

So now I have the antiquities pictures on layaway to finish paying for and now these. Thankfully this set of pictures are cheaper then the ones earlier in the year but still. I don't think I want to sit down and figure out what I will have spent on pictures for the whole year. It would probably make me feel a little queasy.

Part of me doesn't mind because they are only kids for so long and to have nice pictures for them and me to look back and reminisce on will be worth it.

I want to make each of the kids their own scrap book full of pictures from their childhood as a keep sake for when they are all grown. I haven't done the best thus far with the whole baby books and documenting every thing. I feel bad about that. I should have because there are things I don't remember and things I get confused on as to as which one of them did this or which one was like that... so on and so forth. Having four kids has turned my brain into this mushy type substance where it's hard to keep the simplest of things straight.

Just the other day Jim said, "Do you remember how Evie used to drag her one leg when she would crawl"? No, I don't remember that and she was the last one born so I should. It really wasn't all that long ago. I remember how Jer crawled on all fours. It was weird, he wouldn't crawl on his hands and knees...he crawled on his hands and feet. Come to find out later Jim's Mom said that's how he crawled as a baby too. Awh, like father like son.

I'd better quit thinking about when the kids were babies before I start getting the itch for another one. I'm either still young enough or stupid enough to be open to the idea of another one. I'll admit it, I still get that warm fuzzy feeling when I think about having an other little baby. But then I remember having to get up in the night, my boobs turning into watermelons from constantly breast feeding, the crying, making baby food, lugging a car seat every where I go, gaining an extra 40 or so pounds...just thinking about it makes me tired. I've got another four years until all of them are in school. Do I really want to start all over? We shall see.

They got to pick the backgrounds they wanted themselves.

Deb was so excited when I got her this jacket from the thrift store. She said it looked like my style of clothing. She feels so grown up when she wears it.

3 comments:

  1. I make amazingly good looking kids I should stud myself out.For a fee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course for a fee. That's a given. I could be your pimp baby!

    I'll carry around a golden chalice and cane then change my name to Grand Master Beck. Yeah...it could work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are over the top! Anyhoo...I also got pictures back from the same school, same company...and let me just say this: Some idiot photographer has NO eyes in their head! They fell asleep on the job! I'm so annoyed with one of the boys' pictures! Next year...I'm gonna hire MYSELF out as the on set cosmotologist! I mean, seriously?! HIS BUTTONS ARE BUTTONED CROOKED! How does a sober adult, professional PHOTOGRAPHER miss THAT?! MAN! Ahem...sorry. I bought them anyway...because...it's my kid and he's so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete