My Blog List

Monday, May 9, 2011

Camp Fire!

I know I said I was going to work on the inside of the house today...and I did. The kids played outside while I finished up my cleaning and then we had lunch on the back porch. After lunch I got it in my head to dig the fire pit I've been wanting to make. I got most of it dug but took a break at nap time. I finished it up after the kids got home from school. Then we all headed to the creek that runs along the trailer court and got creek rocks for our fire ring. I FILLED the back of my van with rocks. I want to go back and get more to finish lining the mulch around the house.

When I was done making the fire ring I started to mulch the area around it. It's where we had the garden last year and since there's nothing growing there now I decided to cover the whole square in mulch with the fire ring in the middle. I want to get larger rocks to line the square with. I'm also planning on getting logs or stumps for seats around it.

Along the side of the shed I'm going to plant pole green beans and hook string from the ground to the top of the shed for them to climb up. When they bush out it'll look really good. Plus I ordered wooden edging fences with solar lights attached to them that I'm going to put along the side of the shed to separate the plants from the fire area. There's distance between them but the fencing will make it look nicer.

It's coming together how I want things. I have the blue prints in my head and I'm not going to stop til it's all done. I think I'm going to need some more mulch though to do everything.

Don't let my husband fool you with his comments...he was at work today so he wasn't here to help or do any of it. My back isn't aching for nothing.

The kids were all excited and went searching for fire wood.

I waited so long for a burner barrel...now I can probably just use the fire pit. I think it will look really sharp if I line the square. I have to finish the mulch, move the burner barrel, and clean up the brush up towards the bank. I'm very pleased thus far with how it looks...the pictures don't do it justice.

3 comments:

  1. You dodid otay whoaman. I wuv u and your brain blue prints. And I was there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spank you baby! I know you were there in spirit and that you are just as proud of me as I am of you.

    I'm trying to do as much of the yard work as I can so you don't have to worry about it while you're working your long days. I still would like your help cleaning out the shed though :-)

    Right now I'm on one of my Super Woman I can do anything trips. I wonder when I'm going to crash? At least with having you it'll be a soft landing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poud of you too daughter! Everything looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete