My Blog List

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Love It When a Plan Comes Together

The famous words of the A-team. I love plans...loooove plans. Problem is they hardly ever work out the way I planned them.

Well, I'm very happy to say that I made plans for this weekend and guess what? It actually worked out! I should mark these days on the calendar so I can celebrate them annually.

Jim had off Friday, today and tomorrow. Three day weekend! Plus Friday night the kids went to their Nan and Paps. After we dropped them off we came home and got to work. I had planned to get the outside looking good. The leaves from last fall were still up against the back of the trailer from the woods behind us. They were about three feet deep, but we got them all cleaned up. We worked outside til dark. Then Jim went this morning to the McElhattan dump and got four yards of mulch. Four yards doesn't sound like much but let me tell you...it is. This entire heaping mass filled the entire bed of Jim's truck. When they filled it they even packed it down with the bucket of the loader. So it was a packed heaping mass.

We worked until about noon and then had to go get the kids. We took a break when we got home and Evie took a well needed nap. We went back to work with the kids helping at 4:30pm and worked again until about 8pm. We finished spreading the mulch all the way around the trailer, re-did the bricks in the front, dug up and transplanted plants, and then Jim mowed. Last but not least because the grass was so long the kids and I worked on raking up the clippings. Phew...job well done.

I can't wait until we can get flowers to spruce things up with. I ordered small hedge fences with solar lights, black iron tree rings with solar lights, and some other stuff for the outside from LTD. I order it through Jim's step mom so it might take a little while to get it since she's waiting for others to place their orders. I'm sure I'll post the pics when I get them.

Before

After

Before

After with the plants I transplanted.

Before

After

Added a plant to the corner.

Before

After

Jim thinks these holes were from a central air system that somebody had at one time. Our outdoor cat lives under the trailer and I notice that he always goes in the one and out the other. So I figured I'd paint signs for him. :-)

All the stones I found on the hill behind us.

I found some big ones and thought they'd make good steps.

This is the front where we re-did the bricks.

Evie picking up grass.

Deb picking it up too and getting tired of it.

Logan doing some raking.

Evie getting a ride to the brush pile.


Lots O mulch


I didn't get any pics of Jer. He was inside with a sprained ankle. Poor kid couldn't walk on it.

4 comments:

  1. I did most of the work don't let her kid you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell yourself whatever you need to to sleep through the night Dear.

    Don't forget how Thursday night I cleaned up the back porch and took six months worth of recyclables to the recycling center that you were supposed to do the last ten times you've had off! Plus I started the raking that night and Saturday morning while you were out I started the mulching by myself.

    Like I said, whatever helps you sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. iT'S YOUR LIE I'LL LET YOU TELL IT HA! HA! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're going to leave a comment do it under your own profile...not mine.

    It looks like I'm having an argument with myself. I'm crazy but not that crazy.

    And you know darn well I worked my tookus off.

    ReplyDelete