My Blog List

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hard Workin Man

I felt bad last night...why...well because Jim had to go back to work today. He had two days off after seven days and 112 hours of work last week. His two days off went by like a fart in the wind.

We didn't accomplish much this set of days off like last time but that's o-kay. Who wants to do work around the house after you've worked 100+ hours.

Sometimes I worry about my man having to work so hard. I think about how I would fold under the weight of it if it were me having to do what he does and work the hours that he does. My Jimmer has an inner strength that I envy at times. I have to remind myself that God made him different then me. He designed him to be the provider and work hard. He's given him a strength to do what he does. I'm sure if Jim were here with the kids as much as I am he would be dying to go back to work. I have a strength to do what I have to just like he has a strength to do what he has to. I need to stop imposing my strengths and weaknesses on him. He isn't going to fold under the pressure of being the provider like I would. He's my big strong Beefy man!

Men need to feel that importance of being needed and providing. Also the need of being appreciated for their hard work. One thing I've learned in the years we've been married is the importance of showing him respect for what he does. It's hard for him to be away from us and needs me to support and respect him. This is an area that needs some improvement on my part as he would gladly attest to.

I've often in the years we've been together looked around at other women and been very thankful to have the hubby I do. He used to get into trouble with his brother in-law we lived next to cause he would pick me flowers on the way home from work all the time. Unfortunately he had to stop because I was allergic to them.

I've never gotten into trouble with him for spending too much money, not keeping the house tidy enough, or saying something off colored (he usually laughs at that). He is very understanding (most of the time) and has a deep desire to do things that are sweet and thoughtful (again, most of the time). We are best friends with a long list of inner jokes that no one else would get. One right placed word can send us into fits of laughter while everyone else looks in confusion (and no it's not always dirty either).

There are some things I wished he would be more serious on but I would never want to give up the other in it's place. accepting your spouse for who they are is very freeing. I never want to make him feel that there is a unreachable standard I've laid down that I expect him to live up to. He doesn't do that with me.

Lost in thoughts of me. :)

Grrrrrrr

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Post! My Hubby starts his new position this week. He worked 16 hours came home at 1:30am and goes back @3:30 to work 16 and home in the morning, sleep a few and back again. I would fold but he says he's doing what needs to be done. This will go on for 22days straight no days off. I'm trying to make sure he feels appreciated, trying to make sure I keep the home front running so he only has to focus on work and not worrying if all the critters are being fed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel your appreciation every day mama there is no one else i could ever want to have as my best friend. I love the inside jokes that we share. If we end up in a home when we are old they will really think we are nuts with the out of the blue things we say to each other. I wish every couple were BFF'S like us.There should be no one else you should want to spend time with then your God given partner. And that is what you are is the answer to so many of my prayers!!! Oh and just to let you know when a beefy man stops on the highway to pick flowers you get some weird looks from people,and I loved it because I knew it was worth it in the end. I would do anything for you no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sniff-sniff. I am so glad too we are closer to each other then anybody else in our lives, as it should be.

    Did you notice those same kind of flowers you used to pick me are growing out in the back yard? I may not be able to have them in the house but at least I can appreciate the memories they bring from seeing them every day. Plus they're making the outside smell sweet.

    Can you believe we've been together 12 years now? I was 18 and fresh off the farm when we met. I said, "Now that's a man !" the first time I saw you.

    I look forward to going senile with you baby.

    P.S. I hate Ed,Edd,and Eddie. Most retarded show ever made but I know you like it.
    Buttered Toast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that #3 is our song but I added another one for you #5.

    ReplyDelete